wordpress web design

wordpress web design
wordpress web design

Sponsor

Website Design Service Develop your Website, Find best prices and quotes.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Kindness Revolution Day 26: Donate Your Talents and Skills

I truly believe that information is power. I recently learned that a First Nations (the Canadian version of native Americans) community in the Clayoquot Sound region of Vancouver Island wanted to know more about its residents’ health. So, I decided that my gift for today (and quite a few days leading up to today) would be to donate my health research and reporting. I specifically reviewed cancer risks, health and population statistics, and lifestyle factors among the people of the community so that the region can implement educational programs that address the specific health concerns facing its people. I was thrilled to see my skills serving such a worthwhile project.

Whatever your skills, experience, and talents, there is a community or organization that would be thrilled to have you donate them to its projects. Pick something that has meaning for you and don’t be afraid to make a few phone calls or ask around in your community first. Time is precious these days and many organizations couldn’t function without their volunteers.

Source : http://www.care2.com/greenliving/kindness-revolution-day-26-donate-your
-talents-and-skills.html

No comments:

Post a Comment